CALL US: 0203 745 6463
Care Council for Wales (CCW)
The CCW’s focus is on well-being, with a vision of wanting every person who needs support to live the life that matters to them. They aim to achieve this by building confidence in the workforce and leading and supporting improvement in social care.
Their work means they:
- set standards for the care and support workforce, making them accountable for their work
- develop the workforce so they have the knowledge and skills to protect, empower and support those who need help
- work with others to improve services for areas agreed as a national priority
- share good practice with the workforce so they can provide the best response
- set priorities for research to get evidence of what works well
- provide information for the public and other organisations.
CCW members must complete post-registration training and learning (PRTL) requirements of 15 days or 90 hours of learning every three years. All members must keep a record of this and recommend that its recorded in the SCWonline account.