Category: Charity & Voluntary Work, Education & Training Centres, Government, Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals, Management, Personal & Professional Development, Social and Care Work
We are an All Wales charitable organisation that provides specialist services to women and children from black and minority ethnic backgrounds fleeing domestic violence and other forms of gender based violence.
We provide immediate safe accommodation, one to one support to victims of violence and build the capacity of survivors to reject all forms of violence, live independently and advocate for theirs and other women’s rights.
Our trainings are informed by a wealth of over 20 years experience gained over the years working with women and communities and our individual understanding of diverse cultures. Trainings are co-delivered by survivors bringing lived experiences in the trainings.
- Female Genital Mutilation and Safeguarding
- Forced Marriage and Honour-Based Violence
- The Toxic Trio: Assessing & Responding to the Impact on Children, Young People and their Families
- Working with people with no recourse to Public Funds (NRPF)
- Working effectively with Interpreters
- Cultural Diversity and Harmful Practices
- ModernDay Slavery and Human Trafficking
- Domestic Abuse from a BME Perspective
- Domestic Abuse and the Impact on Children, Young People and Adults at Risk
Who Should Attend:
- Health sector professionals
- Social workers
- Housing association staff
- Public sector frontline staff