Category: Early Years, Education & Training Centres, Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals, Medical, Social and Care Work
Therapies In Schools (TIS) works within West Sussex SEN Schools to deliver accredited training to teachers, class support staff, parents and carers. The TIS team consists of Specialist NHS Paediatric Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists. The training is available to nine West Sussex Local Authority SEN schools without charge and can be purchased for delivery in other schools and services.
The current training packages provided are in the areas of:
- Sensory Processing Module 1
- Sensory Processing Module 2
- Sensory processing Module 3
- Life Skills Module 1
- Life Skills Module 2
- Life Skills Module 3
- Physical Development Module 1
- Physical Development Module 2
- Physical Development Module 3
- Water Skills
Who Should Attend:
- The target audience for the training is staff working in Special Educational Needs Schools. It can also be delivered to parents and carers.
- Modules 1 in each area provide a foundational level knowledge which we believe all staff in Special Schools should have. Modules 2 and 3 are for those with a highlighted interest in this area and wish to develop more in-depth knowledge.
- Water Skills is a two-part training programme. Part 1 is considered the theory of Aquatic Therapy, benefits of using the water and understanding the terminology used. Part 2 looks at different planes of movement within the water, positioning and practical aspects of using the water therapeutically.