CALL US: 0203 745 6463
Nurses & Midwives Council (NMC)
The NMC is the professional regulator for nurses and midwives in the UK, and nursing associates in England.
Their vision is safe, effective, and kind nursing and midwifery that improves everyone’s health and wellbeing.
As the professional regulator of almost 732,000 nursing and midwifery professionalsthey have an important role to play in making this a reality.
NMC members must have undertaken 35 hours of continuing professional development (CPD) relevant to their scope of practice in the three-year period since registration was last renewed, or when they have joined the register.
All members must maintain accurate records of CPD undertaken. These records must contain:
- the CPD method
- a description of the topic and how it related to practice
- the dates on which the activity was undertaken
- the number of hours (including the number of participatory hours)
- the identification of the part of the Code most relevant to the activity
- evidence that members undertook the CPD activity.